Yoga is for everyone. Students of all ages and abilities study at the Co-op. All are welcome!
We are the only studio in Madison fully dedicated to the study of Iyengar yoga. Our students form a learning community of Iyengar yoga practitioners.
Many students come to yoga seeking exercise and enhanced flexibility. With the guidance of our experienced and certified teachers, students develop a more committed relationship to the practice of yoga, which over time leads to a deeper understanding of one’s self.
The Yoga Co-op has a state-of the-art Ropes Wall as well as many props for student use. The atmosphere at the studio is respectful and non-competitive, yet focused attention and discipline are encouraged.
- The Yoga Co-op of Madison was founded in April of 2003.
- We provide an opportunity for our members and students to deepen their practice in a supportive cooperative environment.
- We teach and study in the Iyengar tradition.
- We are member-owned and run. Membership is encouraged but not necessary to attend classes.
- We are a center for teacher training offered by Chris Saudek, a certified senior instructor.
- We subscribe to the principles of cooperatives.
- For further information on forming a cooperative, see the University of Wisconsin Center for Cooperatives (UWCC).